I don’t know about you but it seems as though the summer FLEW by..like legit flew by. In my opinion, we didn’t have great summer weather here in Boston. I’ve heard that it is going to stay warm well into August and September but the kids are headed back to school in just a few weeks. We only made it the beach one time! (sad face)
My oldest is headed to kindergarten and my youngest into her second year of pre-school. So I wanted to jot down a few things I’m noticing already that I need to be getting/thinking about.
- New backpack/lunch boxes. Do you get these annually for your children? Last year was my first full year of them have backpacks/lunch boxes and I feel like they are trashed so I headed to Target and picked up new ones.
- School supplies. For AJ, his kindergarten sent us a list of very specific items to get, so that was easy. TIP: Don’t wait until the last minute! Just grab it on your next visit to the store and if you are going to Target don’t forget to use Cart Wheel. (Gee, I go to Target a lot!)
- Snack bags – you will need these for lunches. Stock up at BJs/Costco (I go there a lot also..haha)
- Name labels – Mabel’s Labels is my favorite. They have some great back to school specials and since everything will need to be labeled, you will need a bunch of them. These are sturdy and they last through countless dishwasher and washing machine cycles (like years worth).
- On that same front, new water bottles for the kids. Make sure you have plenty because you know how easily those get lost.
- New shoes. I don’t know about other kids but I feel like my kids go through shoes rather quickly but then on average, how many pairs of shoes do kids have? My kids really only have two pairs – sneakers and crocs, so no wonder they go through them quickly.
What did I miss? What would you add to the list? Leave it in the comments below! In the meantime, I’ll leave you with this….